Monday, February 11, 2013

Seitokai no Boku : Truth of my Student Council Life

Hiya there. It's early in the morning here and i'm pretty sleepy to rant. But i did promise to, so here goes. Seitokai as in Student Representative Council, this would be a reveal to everything, either good or bad, just everything i've experienced at my school, Form 4 and Form 5.

Starting with my position, i'm holding the portfolio of "Information and Communication(+ICT) Exco", which relates my job to all of the technical and technological works. Obviously, i should, like, connecting people and information but, i'm more to technology instead.

First things first, I take my position to seriously. Like, to give a total revolution to my school. I've made achievements like making live video(or live broadcast system if you're familiar with it), but that sacrifices a lot of things. Even now, i'm still struggling to get a lot of videos to be done for the form 4 registration day. I see it as a simple thing but since it's what they demand, it's not. It's like you're already working, and you have to follow every of your client demands. It's ridiculous, of course. And you can't simply like "no, i don't want" or reject just like that. Why? It's because you're a Student Council, it's more like "serving the residence of your school", like a staff. Well, you can just reject anything, but of course, you'll be "rejected" by them also, and i don't want that to happen.

Still, even under pressure, i'm doing my job in a fun way, no stress or any pressure. Though i do sacrifice my academics just to work, but the result and the responds are satisfying, which lower my regret of not focusing in study. But, that's the old story, last year. Not anymore for this year. I've decided to give full course of studying, more better than last year. But of course, not leaving my work alone. It's like 50-50, fair and square.

So, here's the secret of being a Student Council:
1) Take my portfolio, you'll have 24/7 access to computers and internet, no charges.
2) Achieve or impress the principal. If you did, you can request just anything, from dinner to a beast gaming rig.
3) You CAN ask for payment for all of your done work, but in a nice way. Payment aren't all monies, it's various. Skipping classes, maybe? :3
4) If you're gonna be one, then forget about "having a normal life". Once you're in, your student life will change. When people are doing their homework, you're doing your work. And i really meant it, for my position.
5) Never try to quit once you're one. There's no falling back, no exit, unless you're ready to spray your batch name with bad names, you can.
6) You'll be embarrassed if you're a shy person for the first time of applying, interviewed or promoting yourself before being one of them. Not humiliated, but embarrassed. But once you've been long, you'll get used to it.
7) The best thing is, you'll have your own gang dinner, anywhere, just say the place. Last dinner for last year's Student Council had was at some exclusive restaurant, with the cost or RM1k+ just for 15 heads.
8) Take your job seriously. Why? If you did, you won't know what kinda offer you'll be getting. Seriously.
9) Meetings? Depends on the school. If it's like "follow the procedure" then you'll have to endure, like, 2-3hours of meeting with only 3-4 agenda done. If your advisor/president is "anything goes" type, then 30minutes would already suffice.
10) Lastly, don't forget to take care of your grades. Student Council + Superb Grades = Sure Scholarship.

That's all i gotta say. Re-living my seitokai life after watching Seitokai no Ichizon 1 and Lv2, I REALLY WISH FOR A HAREM SEITOKAI AND A LOLI SEITOKAICHOU!

Japan's Student Council are the best

2 comments:

  1. Syaf,
    Thanks for the info bro :)
    I really enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for the tips.
    But how to make everyone can totally, I mean batch form 4 and form 5 to fully trust me to be in one of the BWP? Hopr that you can answer it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like a lot of work..(-___-|||) I suppose it's worth it,no? :P

    ReplyDelete